The story of the Keystone XL Pipeline was first told in the early 90s by a Canadian oil executive named Jack Layton, who would later become Canada’s Prime Minister.
A pipeline from Alberta to Steele City, Nebraska, was to carry crude oil from Alberta’s tar sands to the Gulf Coast.
But oil prices were plummeting and the company, Canadian National Railway, failed to find the money to make the crossing.
After laying off its employees and selling off its assets, CNR was forced to shut down.
It was a bitter end for the company that was once Canada’s most profitable oil company.
It is a story that is familiar to anyone who has been following the Keystone pipeline saga.
In 2015, the Obama administration approved the pipeline, which would carry crude from Canada’s tar sand region of Alberta’s oil sands to a refinery in Texas.
The project would have transported an estimated 6.4 million barrels of oil per day, or more than 10 million barrels a day.
That’s enough oil to fill 1.5 million cars every day.
By the end of the Obama presidency, however, President Donald Trump had made it clear that he did not want the project built.
Trump promised to shut it down.
“The pipeline will never get built, as you know,” he said in January of 2020.
“We will stop it.”
The White House and other Democrats on the Hill were furious, and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi was forced, on April 26, to make a speech on the House floor in opposition to the project.
She said that if the pipeline were built, it would be a “national disgrace” for America.
This is the Dakota Access Pipeline,” she continued. “
This is not the Keystone we’re talking about.
This is the Dakota Access Pipeline,” she continued.
“It’s going to be a disaster, it’s going for the destruction of our country.”
In May, the Trump administration ordered the construction of the pipeline and ordered it to be built without the necessary permits.
But construction resumed and the pipeline was approved on June 10, 2021.
As of last year, the pipeline had already transported 642,000 barrels per day.
At its peak, it had transported about 700,000, and its estimated completion date was 2022.
However, the federal government has not provided any estimates on how many jobs will be lost when the pipeline is complete.
As it turns out, the Keystone Pipeline was built in part because the Obama Administration did not have the funds to pay for it.
According to documents filed with the Department of Energy in the Supreme Court of the United States, the $1.7 billion in federal loans that the company received from the U.S. Department of Transportation (USDOT) in 2013 were all going toward constructing a pipeline from Canada to the Keystone site.
The federal government also offered $1 billion in loans to the company.
That loan was rejected by the company and it eventually sued the federal Treasury Department for the remaining $1,721,000.
The company’s lawyer, David Nance, said that he is appealing the decision and is hoping to win an order that would require the Obama White House to provide a list of all the projects it has funded and the estimated costs of each project.
The $1 million in federal loan guarantees also included $150 million for the pipeline’s construction.
The pipeline company filed for bankruptcy protection in 2018, and Nance has filed for Chapter 11 protection.
The court documents indicate that the bankruptcy proceedings have been set for May, 2021, the date of the court’s May 26 hearing on the company’s request for an order requiring the Obama-era Treasury Department to provide the names of all projects that have been funded by the $150 billion in loan guarantees.
In its petition for bankruptcy, the company states that the $750 million in loans that it received from USDOT was “in the context of the overall project financing plan, which was to build and construct the pipeline across Canada in accordance with the original plan and to build the pipeline at the same time as the new pipeline.”
The court also said that the total amount of federal loans issued by the U,S.
government to the pipeline company during the time it was in bankruptcy protection was $1.,821,800,000 in total.
In May of 2018, the court granted USDOT’s request to set a preliminary injunction that would prevent the company from making any further payments to the federal Government until the court approved the final loan guarantee.
The decision was made a year ago, and USDOT has filed a motion to intervene in the case.
According the court filings, USDOT had a $1 trillion backlog of financing requests, and it is likely that it will be able to fund the project without the Federal Government’s help.
But in a statement released this week, the National Energy Board said that USDOT cannot provide